Monday, March 11, 2013

Boo to daylight savings time!

Yeah, that's right, you heard me.  I said BOO!  UGH! YUCK! But we get an extra hour of daylight you say, why do you hate the time change you say....Because in reality we do NOT get an extra hour of daylight - it's all a scam meant to mess up my schedule!

Yup...a scam, a sham, a flim flam floosy way of messing with my head.  The sun still rises and sets as it pleases.  Heck, in Arizona and Hawaii they don't even recognize daylight savings or have to change their clocks...why should I change mine?  Really, stop and think about it ya'll...

Yesterday, my critters were all ready half an hour before sunset to be fed.  It's the way we roll around here.  I wait until the last possible minute to get out there and feed since I am not an early riser anyways.  I promise you, the horses did not care about the time change.  Their internal clocks know when I will be out with dinner by the position of the sun.  However, when it comes to people stuff this is a pain!

I had a load of hay delivered yesterday - and I woke up all in a tizzy at 10a.m. (the old 9a.m.) thinking I had missed it! Thank you daylight savings time for giving me a minor heart attack.  Thankfully, I did not miss my hay guy calling and heading over.  But still...can you see how it affects my dealings with people? Never mind that I was seriously up all night until 3a.m. because I couldn't sleep which would only have been 2a.m. a few nights before...yup...daylight savings sucks in my opinion...

Now, while you're all excited about that extra hour of daylight, I want you to find a farmers almanac or google this. Actually, here's the link to the farmers almanac website:   sunrise and sunset times by city   Look up sunset and sunrise for Saturday (before the time change) and count how many hours of daylight there were.  Now look it up for Sunday (after the time change)....hmmmm....where's the extra hour now?  Can't find it can you? See...it's all a sham I say! There is no extra hour of daylight, just an unnecessary need to readjust our own clocks as well as our own biological clocks!  Crazy madness for no dang reason...

 Now I am finally headed out to make the rounds and get stuff settled for the day - it should only be 11:30 but it's after noon now...and nothing anyone can say will make me appreciate the falseness of an imagined extra hour of daylight today...I'm all backwards and running later than usual.  Thanks a bunch daylight savings time...NOT!!!!
 Yup, what he said....

No comments:

Post a Comment