Thursday, April 4, 2013

For real? FOR REAL I say????

No, really....this:
At 6a.m. I was awoken - rudely - by the non-stop ringing of the house phone.  For real??? NO ONE calls me at 6a.m. - they KNOW I JUST went to bed!!!!  So...I stumble tot he phone and it would be my husband, stuck, on the side of the road with a flat tire...and the spare is flat too (actually it's BEEN flat out in front of our shed for a few months now - I KNOW, I need to fix it right?)

The whole reason he took the truck is because the fuel pump is going out on our jeep - we just need to make it to the weekend when he has a day off to fix the damn thing!  So, anyways, he took the truck today and didn't even make it out of the county!

So...off I go to rescue him.  Being early in the day and knowing my sleep schedule was all thrown off, when came home, I fed everything and I took a nap.  UNTIL 2p.m.!!!  OH NO!  The day is gone I tell you!  At least he had located the best deal on a new tire by then.  We actually need all 4 new tires (5 if you count the spare) but pay day being literally ONE DAY AWAY...we got one today.  It took 3 hours of my evening to go get the tire mounted and get it all switched on the truck and limp on home.

Seriously, sometimes I wonder how I ever get anything done when things like this happen and throw my whole day into a spin like that! I had planned to make 2 batches of soap today, and get the goats all caught up on whatever they needed for the month of April.  Nope, didn't happen.

Oh well...at least now I am one tire closer to having all of them new again huh? Have to keep the farm truck running - you need a truck on a farm!  Also, this means my new soap cutter I want will be put off for a while...but that's okay too.  It was a want, not a need, and tires are a need for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment