Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It's a Small World, After All...

So...I promised this story, didn't I?  Why the "goat world" is a small world and people really should be on their best behavior...part 1.  Ok, see, what had happened was..................

As we all know (if you read along) I went to the market this weekend.  Ended up doing both days and pretty good bit of sales too!  Nice, encouraging, spirit lifting - MOSTLY.  However, I bumped into someone that ran me hot livid mad on Saturday.

Now, without naming names and such here's the deal.  I sold a goat to lady whom is now a friend of sorts.  No one I know very well, but well enough.  Seems SHE had bought some goats from a woman who A) sold her sick goats and B) sold one with what appears to be FORGED PAPERS!!!  OMG!!!  Alert, watch out, watch you backs right???  Crazy sheisters are out there, they abound these days. There's way more to the story than all that, it actually touched my life in a few ways.  But to keep it simple, that's all for now.  So...then months later I am at the flea market and over wanders another "vendor" to check out my wares...

This little skeezy thing - no really, skeezy - proceeds to tell me her aunt has goats and is starting to make soap.  Oh joy :(  Not only have I had to listen to her "white trash stories of glory" all morning already (no really, total piece of work - talking non-stop about how much money they make and blah blah blah - just trashy all around), but now she wants to be my friend...and then it hits me!  The aunts name, location, and ownership of goats all match the lady who sells sick goat with forged papers!  So, to clarify, I ask for a last name...yup...same one :(

I had a really hard time staying civil at that point - I am, after all, NOT the "goat police" right?  PLUS I am stuck in one spot, don't need to make a scene, DO need to sell my soaps quietly...so I just kinda blow her off...ignore her...and fight the temptation to trip her each time she struts past me.  

Let's just say this.  The goat world is a very small one.  Sure, a million people may own goats, but somehow some way we are all linked together at some point! Paths cross, names become known, and be careful because your reputation proceeds you.  Don't do shady things, be fair, and be kind.  Just saying...you never know who else knows what you have been up to...


No comments:

Post a Comment