Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tree trimmers - a blesing and a curse....

 See those thick lush woods?  Yeah...gorgeous to look at BUT when it is over head and all tangled in the power lines coming in to your house and across your driveway THAT is a SCARY sight!  I have been heckling the light company to come cut that crap for almost 2 years now!  And yes, it is THEIR job as it is on THEIR side of the pole - like for real, in the lines out over the street...um no, not my responsibility.  I pay them WAY too much $$$ to be risking getting electrocuted messing with all that and it was BAD overhead!  So I wake up LAST WEEK on Monday to a constant whirring whining noise...hmmm...I figure since they have been doing a TON of work on the ranch behind us that they are up to something down there and go on with my day...YES that whining whistling whirring noise is driving me nuts, but it ends pretty early in the afternoon and on with my business I go right?

So, Tuesday arrives with more of the same horrid obnoxious noise only closer. At this point I figure it HAS to be something on that ranch and I try to tune it out and move along ya know?

Wednesday gets here and LOW AND BEHOLD!  IT'S THE TREE TRIMMERS THE LIGHT COMPANY HAS BEEN PROMISING WOULD ARRIVE!!!!! Not just for me, but for EVERYONE - they sent a letter MONTHS ago now that they would be out and about clearing lines and NOW they are at my house, literally in front of my driveway!  I dance a little jig of joy, realize I should be dressed better with strangers about, and I get all bold and go ask them if they are gonna handle the stuff over the driveway, pointing it out to the man in charge and he says yes (keep in mind I was sweet as pie the whole time, offered beverages and such even) and then I go on with my day....until the noise stops...and they are gone....and NOTHING got done around the service lines into my place which was PROMISED in the letter they had sent months ago....hmmmm...oh well, they aren't done yet I figure.

Thursday I awake bright and early - cheered by the thought of FINALLY seeing a little daylight over the drive way and having those lines cleared.  Um yeah, no....NO ONE comes down here though I can hear them working just a short ways up...okay...now I am STILL super sweet and go out and ask if they need anything to get started, walk the NEW supervisor who was not there the day before down to show him and FINALLY at noon they pop up!

See that little bit of yellow out past my truck there?  Oh yeah - they pulled all sorts of stuff down in the driveway to get this handled!  Then...they stopped...FOR LUNCH PICNIC STYLE IN MY FREAKING DRIVEWAY!!!! Okay...so I can handle that - it is pretty shady there and it looks SUPER pretty right now all green and bright...cool deal....Mind you I am stalking their every move from inside the house - praying they don't drop a limb on a goat as the bucks are over there - and keeping in eye on the pig so he stays out of the way and such....tedious long day....




 Then, lunch over, they leave.  I go on with my day...the NEXT DAY I realize a few things:
1) They are gone - like gone gone, not around at all on the road here gone
2) They left me a TON of crap and limbs all over in stacks - no really look:


3) And HERE is where I get SUPER pissed - THEY CLEANED UP EVERY OTHER CRUMB, STICK, STEM, AND FALLEN LEAF ALL UP AND DOWN THE ROAD BUT DID NOT TAKE MINE?????? WTF?????? SUPER MAD!  But ya know.....at least it's done now right?

So...James was home this weekend (Mr Farmer has been gone all week and had to leave again this week for work) and he mowed and helped me haul all that to the burn pile. Sadly I ran out of pile before I ran out of limbs, I need to get the Smoke Signal lit again and then add the rest....shaking my head....But like I said....
At least I can see daylight over the driveway now and NOTHING is touching those power lines!  Gotta be happy about small miracles, even if they come wrapped in more work for me :P



No comments:

Post a Comment