Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chickens - HOURS of fun!

So...this one I HAVE to share! Mr Farmer gets up this morning and goes out to walk the yard with me a bit (he just wanted to stare at his piglet I think) and gets ALL excited!  He is practically running my way, talking about "We got eggs ALREADY???" and you can tell he can't quite believe his eyes...

Well, being COLOR BLIND he should NOT believe his eyes!  I put 3 plastic easter eggs in there with them right? To encourage them to lay in their little hay filled box....2 are pink and one is yellow and they are so bright they are almost neon!  Any color seeing person can tell they are fake...but not him...

I had to walk over and tell him they are plastic...he looked so sad....nope, no eggs yet and probably not for a week or more while they settle in and continue to mature....Already these birds are providing me hours of teasing and joking! Who knew right?

Then of course as I was walking over to the new piggy to get her picture for ya'll and feed her I got stung by a freaking wasp! Same one that got Mr Farmer here yesterday - neither of us had gone on a killing spree yet.  Don't worry loyal viewers - I came in and tossed the wasp spray at Mr Farmer and sent him out on a kamikaze mission to take down all and any flying stingers of useless value (i.e. kill wasps NOT bees).  Mission accomplished, dirty beast is DEAD! But my leg still smarts a little :(

Oh well, I shall have an entertaining day for sure I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment