Thursday, May 23, 2013

When the ear ain't right...TAPE IT!

See, what had happened was...one of the "new kids on the block" (Nugget to be exact) had one ear that just was NOT falling right!  It wasn't popping into place over time, just not hanging and falling like the other one...

Now, over all this is really no big deal.  I mean, she's a DAIRY goat - and you do NOT milk ears LOL :) But still....if the ear ain't right, out comes the duct tape!

Nugget got white duct tape in hopes her herd mates would notice it less and leave it be - so far it is working.  Well, okay, the other goats are leaving it alone - we don't know yet if it is working to correct the ear.  Probably should have gone after it sooner....but we were kinda hoping her head would grow into the base of that ear and it would fall....alas, no luck chuck on that.

Here is Nugget, in all her glory, with her ear freshly taped in place:
Looks like she has panties on her head doesn't it?  She ACTED like we had wrapped her head in underwear of some sort - less than pleased and very undignified!

The kicker here - I did this with a freshly stung leg due to a wild wasp!  Oh yes...I went out to do ONE LAST thing in the yard and BAM!  Nasty bugger got me! So of course I came in angry as heck because it needed killing of course, and sent my husband out to handle it with a can of spray while we worked on the patient here...

For a mini - nubian of middle of the road generation she has LOVELY ears!  Well, ONE lovely ear and one we are waiting on now haha!  We will see....
See there how it just ain't quite right?  A piece of cardboard wasn't really gonna cut it - the problem was getting that fold to squish flat AND against her head some....

So...now we wait...I'll post an update when we take the tape off - and YES I know how to tape stuff JUST right...I had a few prom type dressers that required I MYSELF was literally taped in when I was younger....trust me, I got the hang of it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment